Medical Conditions Awareness (1)
- A two-part interactive course on medical conditions to increase basic awareness among staff who support service users with their condition.
Who should attend?
- Care workers who require a basic awareness of Parkinson’s disease, Motor Neurone Disease and Multiple Sclerosis
- Parkinson’s Disease
- Motor Neurone Disease (MND)
- Multiple Sclerosis (MS)
- Which tasks may be difficult
- How conditions affect daily life
- What help is available
- Action planning
- Case studies
A comprehensive workbook is issued to all attendees and a certificate awarded.
On completion, attendees will understand:
- the range of symptoms of the medical conditions covered
- how to recognise their impact on daily living
- ways to promote independent living
- how to put their learning into practice via an action plan